Sunday, May 20, 2012

Success is a State of Mind

Ok so I will be the first to admit that I have been pretty terrible at posting on this these days. I’m gonna be frank with you all when I say that my life has been crazy these past couple of days. It is entirely true that I had the time to post on my blog. It had nothing to do with a lack of time. What it had to do with was a complete lack of brain energy to go toward it. I post when I can really just sit and type and zen out and I haven’t had a lot of zen lately.

Which brings me into today’s topic: Taking time for your own damn self. Why is it that our society measures an individual’s success on how impressive their successes are? Because a person is born with opportunity and therefore has the capability to achieve great things means they are more successful than maybe a person who works full time, goes to school, and still manages to maintain some semblance of a social life? I don’t think so. I don’t think so at all.

As my life progresses and I find myself entering new and different phases of my experience I find myself confronted time and time again with individuals who, even though they may not considered the most successful people, inspire me everyday. The people whose lives I look at and can say, “Damn, they have really made it. They were able to work hard and support themselves.” And that is success to me. It is not someone who has a big fancy house, lots of cars, 2.5 kids. It is the person who sees their surroundings and decides then and there to do whatever it takes to make a change.

And I salute you.

Question of the day: Who inspires you? Who in your life do you think is successful?

I also have been hearing some great things from some of you and I would love for you to post our comments below. You don’t have to answer the question of the day. Just tell me what you think.

Ok back to figuring out this DAMN website.

Peace out shitfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LookBook